Thursday, April 9, 2009

Back In Action

--I want to start off by thanking all of y'all out there for your prayers and uplifting comments, you don't realize how much just a nice word can change your outlook on a situation. Please just keep my family in your prayers,
--This is my first post on my new iMac desktop. My old Gateway laptop suffered a shattered LCD screen, and these thing were just too cool to pass up at Best Buy. But, man, talk about some getting used to.
--There's not much going on in Ryan's world here lately, or at least that makes a good excuse for not blogging. Just a lot of Bridgeport monotony.
--I used to check the news websites about a million times a day to make sure I was staying on track with things; now it rarely even happens once a day. What ever happened to good news? No wonder there are more mass murders going on, everyone is depressed from watching the news. Especially the Drudge Report, I think it was Barry Green who called them fear-mongers here a few months back. Amen, brother.
-But I guess Drudge does get a few points for being "conservative". If anyone even knows what that is anymore.
--I tried to figure it out, but I have no clue who the guest blogger is that Jarhead turned the keys over to for the weekend.
--Has anyone else tried the new Fried Pie Shop here in Bridgeport? They're not bad, just remember to ignore that tingling in your left arm after you eat one.
--You know, living in an apartment was great for the first few months, but now this just sucks.
--I happened to be driving through Balsora this afternoon just as the fire was getting cranked up. There were a few moments where I bet I couldn't see 10 feet in front of me.
--That's all I got for tonight, maybe now I will update this thing more often.
--Nah, probably not.
--Goodnight, folks.

9 comments:

RPM said...

Glad to hear all is going well!

I tried the Fried Pie Shop and it was AWESOME! Besides fruit pies they make "hot pockets". The only tingling I had was in my wallet as I walked out the door.

Ryan said...

Yeah, I thought they were kinda steep. I think the Tex-Mex one has become my favorite, but time will tell...

The Accomplice said...

I loved the cherry pie. I was out at the fire. People wanted to flock back to their homes. Crazy.

Silicone Alley said...

Guest blogger?.... Me know who it is but me no saying.

LandShark 5150 said...

Good to see ya back into the saddle.

Kathleen... said...

Ryan, I hope Easter is proving to be a Good Day for you...and that everything's personally cleared up for you. =) How's the wife? Apartment living was a beautiful thing when I was single. Upon marrying, his apartment (which was bigger than mine) seemed SO SMALL! We kept bumping into each other. ;) It can be a good investment though. Really.

Might have to drive out to the Fried Pie Shop...have a fauxDad in town who'd probably love one.

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is try the pecan and the chocolate pie...They are awesome but you may have a stroke...but as Paula Deen said...I am your cook not your Dr. HA!!!

Kathleen... said...

Oh, and I think Spidey was the guest blogger?

RPM said...

Hey Ryan! Hope everything is alright. Haven't heard anything for a while.

Hang in there Buddy!